Develop lesson plans and themes in line with curriculum objectives specific for teaching History and Geography at Middle to Secondary grade levels. Instruct through lectures, discussions, and demonstrations. Use computers, audiovisual aids, and other equipment and materials to supplement presentations. Adapt teaching methods and instructional materials to meet the varying needs and interests of students. Facilitate learning by establishing a relationship with students and organizing learning resources and the classroom environment.
Meeting with parents or guardians, teachers, counselors and administrators to resolve any possible behavioural or academic problems. Attend professional development workshops and educational conferences in order to maintain and improve professional competence. Establish and enforce rules for class management and student behaviour. Prepare, administer, and grade tests and assignments to evaluate student progress.
• Bachelor Degree in History or Geography from a recognized University
• TEACHING QUALIFICATION FROM ONE OF THE FOLLOWING COUNTRIES: UK, US, CA, AU, NZ, ZA and Scandinavian countries (for Visa processing)
• Must be Native English speaker or near
• Must have excellent classroom management skills and able to deal effectively with
student behaviour issues
• Minimum 3 years teaching experience in History and Geography at Middle to Secondary grade levels
• Culturally sensitive, dependable, flexible and able to work in a continuously changing environment
Competitive TAX FREE Monthly salary up to 10,500 AED depending on qualifications and experience
A single room in a shared teacher only accommodation/One bedroom apartment for a married couple
50% medical insurance for employee only
Round trip air tickets to home country provided for employee ONLY
In addition to official holidays, paid leave is allocated as per academic calendar and as per the country Labour law. Minimum 30 work days per year.
Staff children discount is 25% the first year and 50% starting the 2nd year onward.
VISA fees and Medical check done in the country are paid for by the school for Employee only
Receive 21 days basic salary for each full year of service. Plus economy air ticket to place of permanent residence according to Labour Law of the country
1-2 year contract – renewable
UAE - Sharjah
Notarized and attested academic degrees, teaching certificates, transcripts, marriage and dependent birth certificates. You will be advised of school requirements.