Develop lesson plans and themes in line with curriculum objectives specific for teaching Social Studies at Middle-High School grade level. Instruct through lectures, discussions, and demonstrations. Use computers, audiovisual aids, and other equipment and materials to supplement presentations. Adapt teaching methods and instructional materials to meet the varying needs and interests of students. Facilitate learning by establishing a relationship with students and organizing learning resources and the classroom environment.
Meeting with parents or guardians, teachers, counselors and administrators to resolve any possible behavioural or academic problems. Attend professional development workshops and educational conferences in order to maintain and improve professional competence. Establish and enforce rules for class management and student behaviour. Prepare, administer, and grade tests and assignments to evaluate student progress.
• Bachelor Degree in Social Studies/History/Geography from a recognized University, preferable in US due to American Curriculum
• A TEACHING LICENSE FROM ONE OF THE FOLLOWING COUNTRIES: UK, US, CA, AU, NZ, Scandinavian countries (Due to Visa restrictions)
• Must have excellent English Communications Skills and could pass IELTS score of 6.5
• Must have excellent classroom management skills and able to deal effectively with student behaviour issues
• Minimum 2 years teaching experience in Social Studies at Middle-High School level
• Is culturally sensitive, dependable, flexible and able to work in a continuously changing environment
Competitive TAX FREE Monthly Salary KD 700 - 1175 depending on qualifications and experience
One or two bedroom apartment depending on Family Status
Utilities paid by school
Covered for employee only
Cash Annual air fare for employee only based on Home country location
In addition to official holidays, paid leave is allocated as per academic calendar and as per the UAE Labour law.
Staff children discount is 50% for up to 2 children attending same school as employee
Residence Visa & Medical Check-up fees will be covered for employee only. Candidate is responsible for dependant fees
Receive 21 days Basic Salary for each full year of service as per Labour Law of country
1 year contract – renewable yearly
Notarized and attested academic degrees, teaching certificates, transcripts, marriage and dependent birth certificates. You will be advised of school requirements.