An International School in Qatar that follows the British Curriculum is looking for a Head of ICT for the Girls School who will be responsible for liaising with teachers in the ICT Department and for curriculum development for the program. Needs to have the ability to teach ICT at different levels of Secondary. Develop lesson plans and themes in line with British curriculum objectives. Facilitate learning by establishing a relationship with students and organizing learning resources and the classroom environment.
Meeting with teachers, counselors and administrators to resolve any possible behavioural or academic problem. Must also establish clear objectives for all lessons, and projects and attend staff meetings
• Bachelor Degree in COMPUTER SCIENCE from a recognized University (From the UK preferred)
· Master Degree preferred
• TEACHING LICENSE FROM ONE OF THE FOLLOWING COUNTRIES: UK, US, CA, AU, NZ, ZA and Scandinavian countries (due to Visa restrictions)
• Must have excellent English Communication skills and could pass an IELTS with score of 7
• Must have excellent classroom management skills and able to deal effectively with student behaviour issues
• Minimum 3 years teaching experience in ICT at Secondary grade levels (In the UK preferred)
· Minimum 2 years experience as Head of ICT or in a similar role
• Culturally sensitive, dependable, flexible and able to work in a continuously changing environment
TAX FREE Monthly salary range of QAR 14,000-18,000 depending on qualifications and experience
Furnished Accommodation of 1 or 2 bedroom apartment depending on marital status or Housing Allowance
Utilities paid QAR 300 for Single and QAR 500 for Married
Medical insurance for employee only
Annual Return air fare provided for employee and one dependent
In addition to official holidays, paid leave is allocated as per academic calendar and as per country Labour law. Minimum 30 work days per year.
100% discount for one dependant attending same school as employee
Fees will be paid for employees only. Employee is responsible for fees for dependents.
Gratuity of 21 days Basic salary for each year worked as per Labour law.
1-2 year contract - renewable
Doha - Qatar
Notarized and Attested academic degrees, teaching certificates, transcripts, marriage and dependent birth certificates. You will be advised of school requirements.