An International School that follows the British Curriculum is looking for a candidate who will be responsible for liaising with teachers in the English Department and for curriculum development for the program. Needs to have the qualifications to teach English at different levels of Secondary. Develop lesson plans and themes in line with British curriculum objectives. Facilitate learning by establishing a relationship with students and organizing learning resources and the classroom environment.
Meeting with teachers, counselors and administrators to resolve any possible behavioural or academic problem. Must also establish clear objectives for all lessons, and projects and attend staff meetings
• Bachelor Degree in English, Language and/or Linguistics from a recognized University (From the UK preferred)
• TEACHING LICENSE FROM ONE OF THE FOLLOWING COUNTRIES: UK, US, CA, AU, NZ, ZA (due to Visa restrictions)
• Must have excellent English Communication skills and could pass IELTS Score of 7
• Must have excellent classroom management skills and able to deal effectively with student behaviour issues
• Minimum 3 years teaching experience in English Subjects at Secondary grade levels (In the UK preferred)
· Minimum 2 years experience as Head of the English Department or in a similar role
• Culturally sensitive, dependable, flexible and able to work in a continuously changing environment
TAX FREE Monthly salary range QAR 14,000 to 18,000 QAR depending on qualifications and experience
Furnished 1 to 2 bedroom apartment depending on marital status and size or Housing Allowance
Utilities paid QAR 300 for Single and QAR 500 for Married
Medical insurance for employee and one dependent (spouse or child)
Annual Return air fare for employee and one nominated dependent (can either be spouse or child).
In addition to official holidays, paid leave is allocated as per academic calendar and as per country Labour law. Minimum 30 work days per year.
100% discount for 1 child attending same school as employee
Fees will be paid for employees only. Employee is responsible for fees for dependents.
Gratuity of 21 days of basic salary for each year worked as per country Labor law
Open Contract - renewable yearly
Doha - Qatar
Notarized and Attested academic degrees, teaching certificates, transcripts, marriage and dependent birth certificates. You will be advised of school requirements.