HUMANITIES TEACHER required for International school delivering the British National Curriculum in some of the following subjects:
History, Geography, Global Perspectives and BTEC Travel and Tourism
Our cient school is looking for an enthusiastic teacher to join their team. The candidate will be expected to contribute to the teaching of Humanities across the IGCSE and AS Secondary grade levels.
Develop lesson plans and themes in line with curriculum objectives specific for teaching at at Secondary grade levels. Instruct through lectures, discussions, and demonstrations. Use computers, audiovisual aids, and other equipment and materials to supplement presentations. Adapt teaching methods and instructional materials to meet the varying needs and interests of students. Facilitate learning by establishing a relationship with students and organizing learning resources and the classroom environment.
Meeting with parents or guardians, teachers, counselors and administrators to resolve any possible behavioural or academic problems. Attend professional development workshops and educational conferences in order to maintain and improve professional competence. Establish and enforce rules for class management and student behaviour. Prepare, administer, and grade tests and assignments to evaluate student progress.
• Bachelor Degree in Humanities Subject area from a recognized University in the UK, US, CA, AU, NZ (From the UK preferred)
• TEACHING LICENSE FROM ONE OF THE FOLLOWING COUNTRIES: UK, US, CA, AU, NZ (Due to Visa restrictions)
• Must have excellent English Communications skills
• Must have excellent classroom management skills and able to deal effectively with student behaviour issues
• Minimum 2 years of Humanities teaching experience at the Secondary Grade Levels
• Culturally sensitive, dependable, flexible and able to work in a continuously changing environment
· Priority will be given to teachers with British Curriculum teaching experience
Competitive TAX FREE monthly salary range from QAR 11,000 -13,000 QAR depending on Qualifications and Experience
Furnished 1 or 2 bedroom apartment depending on Family status (Transportation to school provided with this accommodation)
OR Housing Allowance according to family status
Utilities paid QAR 300 for Singles and 500 for Married
National Health insurance provided for employee and one dependent
Annual Cash value of Airfare to point of origin for employee and 1 dependent (Spouse or 1 child)
Relocation Tickets provided for employee and 1 dependent
In addition to official holidays, paid leave is allocated as per academic calendar and as per country Labour law. Minimum 30 work days per year.
100% Tuition fees for 1 dependent when attending same school as employee
Visa and Medical exam fees required for Residency Visa are paid by the School for Employee only
Gratuity of 1 month basic salary for each year worked as per Labor law paid at end of Contract
1-2 year contract – renewable
Doha - Qatar
Notarized and Attested academic degrees, teaching certificates, transcripts, marriage and dependent birth certificates. You will be advised of school requirements