HISTORY and RELIGIOUS STUDIES HUMANITIES TEACHER required for International school delivering the British National Curriculum.
Our cient school is looking for an enthusiastic teacher to join their supportive and forward thinking team. The candidate will be expected to contribute to the teaching of Humanities across the Secondary grade levels.
Develop lesson plans and themes in line with curriculum objectives specific for teaching at Religious Studies and History at Secondary grade levels. Instruct through lectures, discussions, and demonstrations. Use computers, audiovisual aids, and other equipment and materials to supplement presentations. Adapt teaching methods and instructional materials to meet the varying needs and interests of students. Facilitate learning by establishing a relationship with students and organizing learning resources and the classroom environment.
Meeting with parents or guardians, teachers, counselors and administrators to resolve any possible behavioural or academic problems. Attend professional development workshops and educational conferences in order to maintain and improve professional competence. Establish and enforce rules for class management and student behaviour. Prepare, administer, and grade tests and assignments to evaluate student progress.
• Bachelor Degree in Humanities for Religious Studies or History from a recognized University in the UK, US, CA, AU, NZ (From the UK preferred)
• TEACHING LICENSE FROM ONE OF THE FOLLOWING COUNTRIES: UK, US, CA, AU, NZ (Due to Visa restrictions)
• Must have excellent English Communications skills
• Must have excellent classroom management skills and able to deal effectively with student behaviour issues
• Minimum 2 years of Humanities Religious Studies or History teaching experience at the Secondary Grade Levels
• Culturally sensitive, dependable, flexible and able to work in a continuously changing environment
· Priority will be given to teachers with British Curriculum teaching experience
Competitive TAX FREE monthly salary range from QAR 10,000 -13,000 QAR depending on Qualifications and Experience
Furnished 1 or 2 bedroom apartment depending on Family status (Transportation to school provided with this accommodation)
OR Housing Allowance
Utilities paid QAR 300 for Singles and 500 for Married
National Health insurance provided for employee only
Annual Cash value of Airfare to point of origin for employee and 1 dependent (Spouse or 1 child)
Relocation Tickets provided for employee and 1 dependent
In addition to official holidays, paid leave is allocated as per academic calendar and as per country Labour law. Minimum 30 work days per year.
100% Tuition fees for 1 dependent when attending same school as employee
Visa and Medical exam fees required for Residency Visa are paid by the School for Employee only
Gratuity of 1 month basic salary for each year worked as per Qatar Labor law paid at end of Contract
1-2 year contract – renewable
Doha - Qatar
Notarized and Attested academic degrees, teaching certificates, transcripts, marriage and dependent birth certificates. You will be advised of school requirements