PHYSICS and CHEMISTRY TEACHERS requirec for an International school delivering the British National Curriculum to Secondary grade levels.
The candidate will be expected to teach Physics or Chemistry at KS3 and IGCSE grade levels.
Develop lesson plans and themes in line with curriculum objectives specific for teaching PHYSICS or CHEMISTRY at Secondary grade levels. Instruct through lectures, discussions, and demonstrations. Use computers, audiovisual aids, and other equipment and materials to supplement presentations. Adapt teaching methods and instructional materials to meet the varying needs and interests of students. Facilitate learning by establishing a relationship with students and organizing learning resources and the classroom environment.
Meeting with parents or guardians, teachers, counselors and administrators to resolve any possible behavioural or academic problems. Attend professional development workshops and educational conferences to maintain and improve professional competence. Establish and enforce rules for class management and student behaviour. Prepare, administer, and grade tests and assignments to evaluate student progress
• Bachelor Degree in PHYSICS or CHEMISTRY from a recognized University in UK, US, CA, AU, NZ, ZA (From the UK preferred)
• TEACHING LICENSE FROM ONE OF THE FOLLOWING COUNTRIES: UK, US, CA, AU, NZ, ZA, and Scandinavian countries (Due to Visa restrictions)
• Must have excellent English Communications skills
• Must have excellent classroom management skills and able to deal effectively with student behaviour issues
• Minimum 2 years experience teaching PHYSICS or CHEMISTRY at the Secondary Grade Levels
• Culturally sensitive, dependable, flexible and able to work in a continuously changing environment
· Priority will be given to teachers with British Curriculum teaching experience
Competitive TAX FREE monthly salary range from 11,000 -13,000 QAR depending on qualifications and experience
Furnished 1-2 Bedroom Apartment Provided
(One time shipping allowance of 1000 QAR with receipt)
Electric and Water Utilities paid (QAR 300 for Singles and QAR 500 for Married)
National Health insurance provided (Employee only).
Cash Annual Airfair to home country for Employee and 1 dependent (Spouse or child)
Relocation Ticket for Employee and 1 Dependent at beginning and end of contract
Annual leave based on school calendar and country holidays. Minimum 30 work days yearly
100% for 1 dependent attending same school as employee
Visa and Medical exam fees required for Residency Visa are paid by the School for Employee only
One month Basic Salary paid for each year worked upon employee leaving the school, as per Labour law of country
1-2 year contract – renewable
Doha - Qatar
Notarized and Attested academic degrees, teaching certificates, transcripts, marriage and dependent birth certificates. You will be advised of school requirements