The Paramedic Emergency Health Instructor is expected to make contributions to the teaching effort of the College and to carry out activities to develop and maintain scholarly and professional activities relevant to the Emergency Health and Paramedics discipline.
This position reports to the Head of Emergency Health programs, and is based at the Al Ain campus, however may be required to attend to other campuses.
There are five themes within the BEH (P) Degree which provide a continuity of approach across units and serve to link these units to professional practice. They are the following:
· Theme 1: Personal and Professional Development
· Theme 2: Population Health and Society
· Theme 3: Foundations of the Paramedic Clinician
· Theme 4: Community-based Emergency Health (CBRH)
· Theme 5: Science, Knowledge and Evidence
Specific duties required of an academic staff may include:
The conduct of tutorials, practical classes, demonstrations, workshops, student field excursions and clinical sessions;
· Development of teaching material (Lecturer’s level)
· Acting as unit coordinators;
· The preparation and delivery of lectures and seminars (Lecturer’s level)
· Supervision of the program of study of honours students or of postgraduate students engaged in course work;
· Supervision of major honors or postgraduate research projects. (Lecturer’s level)
· The conduct of research;
· Involvement in professional activity;
· Marking and assessment;
· Consultation with students;
· A range of administrative functions the majority of which are connected with the units of study in which the academic teaches; and
· Attendance at program, campus or college meetings and/or membership of committees.
· Academics with qualifications as a paramedic or relevant health discipline may be required to maintain professional registration of clinical currency if relevant to the position.
TAX FREE Monthly Salary between AED 13,694 - 15,404 depending on Qualifications, Industry and Teaching experience
First 29 days employee stays in a hotel suite while looking for accommodation
Housing Allowance is given as part of the monthly salary
Cover is for UAE only with emergency worldwide
Annual Cash Value for Return Airfare for employee, spouse and up to 3 dependents back to home country
Approximately 30 working days, plus national holidays and term breaks
Tuition fees for up to 3 dependents studying in the UAE as follows:
80,000 AED per family is payable (max of 40,000 AED) per child) to cover fees, books, exams, registration, uniform, transport. Eligible dependents must study in the UAE and are 5 years old or will attend KG1 at the beginning of the academic year. Children must be by birth or attested legal adoption and below 18 years.
Sponsorship and fees for Residency Visa covered by employer for employee only
Employee is responsible for Visa costs for dependents
Return airfare to home country for all family members
One month Basic Salary for each year completed as per UAE labour law
1 year contract - renewable yearly
UAE, Al Ain
Notarized and Attested academic degrees, teaching certificates, transcripts, marriage and dependent birth certificates. You will be advised of school requirements