School Counsellor required for Primary or Middle and Secondary schools in Doha to help all students in the areas of academic achievement and personal/social development. If students are not meeting course requirements or are having disciplinary problems, school counselors may need to intervene to remedy the situation.
Meeting with parents or guardians, teachers, and administrators to resolve any possible behavioural or academic problems. Attend professional development workshops and educational conferences in order to maintain and improve professional competence. Need experience helping students in preparing college applications.
• Bachelor Degree in Education, Psychology, School Counselling from a recognized University in one of the following countries: UK, US, CA, AU, NZ, ZA and Scandinavian countries (preferably from the UK)
• Must be Native English speaker or near
• Must have excellent management skills and able to deal effectively with student behaviour issues
• Minimum 3 years experience in School Counseling at Primary or Secondary grade levels
• Culturally sensitive, dependable, flexible and able to work in a continuously changing environment
Competitive TAX FREE Monthly up to 11,977 QAR depending on qualifications and experience
Furnished 1-2 bedroom accommodation depending on family size
Utilities paid, up to $82 for Single and $135 for married approximately
Medical insurance for employee and one dependent (spouse or child)
Annual air fare for employee and one nominated dependent (can either be spouse or child).
In addition to official holidays, paid leave is allocated as per academic calendar and as per country Labour law. Minimum 30 work days per year.
100% discount for 1 child tuition fee attending same school as employee
Fees will be paid for employees only. Employee is responsible for fees for dependents.
Gratuity of 21 days of Basic Salary for each year completed as per Qatar Labor law.
1-2 year contract – renewable
Doha - Qatar
Notarized and Attested academic degrees, teaching certificates, transcripts, marriage and dependent birth certificates. You will be advised of school requirements.