Develop lesson plans and themes in line with curriculum objectives specific for teaching History at Secondary grade levels. Instruct through lectures, discussions, and demonstrations. Use computers, audiovisual aids, and other equipment and materials to supplement presentations. Adapt teaching methods and instructional materials to meet the varying needs and interests of students. Facilitate learning by establishing a relationship with students and organizing learning resources and the classroom environment.
Meeting with parents or guardians, teachers, counselors and administrators to resolve any possible behavioural or academic problems. Attend professional development workshops and educational conferences in order to maintain and improve professional competence. Establish and enforce rules for class management and student behaviour. Prepare, administer, and grade tests and assignments to evaluate student progress.
• Bachelor Degree in History from a recognized University
• A TEACHING LICENSE FROM ONE OF THE FOLLOWING COUNTRIES: UK, US, CA, AU, NZ, ZA, Scandinavian countries (Due to Visa restrictions)
• Must be Native English speaker or IELTS score of 7.5 or TEFL score of 96-120
• Must have excellent classroom management skills and able to deal effectively with student behaviour issues
• Minimum 2 years teaching experience in History at the Secondary grade level
• Is culturally sensitive, dependable, flexible and able to work in a continuously changing environment
Competitive TAX FREE Monthly Salary AED 10,500 to 12,000 depending on qualifications and experience
A one bedroom apartment when available or a Shared Accommodation for Singles (you have your own bedroom and bathroom and share the kitchen and living space)
Utilities paid by school
80% Medical Insurance Coverage for employee ONLY
Annual air fare for employee ONLY
In addition to official holidays, paid leave is allocated as per academic calendar and as per country Labour law. Minimum 30 work days per year.
25% discount on tuition fees in the first year & 50% from the 2nd year onwards when dependent is attending same school as employee
Fees will be paid for employees ONLY. Employee is responsible for fees for dependents.
Gratuity of 21 days of basic salary paid for each full year worked, as per Country Labour law.
1-2 Year contract - renewable
UAE - Sharjah
Notarized and Attested academic degrees, teaching certificates, transcripts, marriage and dependent birth certificates. You will be advised of school requirements