We are actively looking for an experienced and qualified Principal to manage one of the leading Technical High Schools in UAE
- Exercises leadership by taking personal responsibility for managing the teaching team
- Promotes and models life-long learning for students, teachers and other staff
- Fosters a culture of high expectations for students, teachers and other staff
- Demonstrates a sound understanding of current pedagogy and curriculum
- Ensures that student assessment and evaluation practices throughout the school are fair, appropriate and balanced. Ensures that appropriate pedagogy is utilized
- Implements effective supervision and evaluation to ensure that all teachers consistently meet the Teaching Quality Standard
- Holds responsibility and accountability for activities, day to day operations and all academic affairs of the school
- Ensures that personnel evaluation procedures are accomplished in a fair and consistent manner that encourages accountability, growth, and excellence, in accordance with policies and requirements
- Maintains discipline in accordance with the rules and disciplinary system of the Institute Works collaboratively with colleagues, families, and the community to support the learning environment.
- Assists in reviewing new programs, or recommend modifications to existing programs, submitting program proposals for the Director of schools as necessary.
- Confers with parents and staff to discuss educational activities, policies, and student behavioral or learning problems.
- Counsels and provides guidance to students regarding personal, academic, vocational, or behavioral issues.
- Follows up on any maintenance work needed for the facilities.
- Plans and develops instructional methods and content for educational, vocational, or student activity programs.
- Develops partnerships with businesses, communities, and other organizations to help meet identified educational needs programs.
- Directs and coordinates activities of teachers, administrators, and support staff at school Participates in the evaluation of curricula, teaching methods, and programs to determine their effectiveness, efficiency, and proper implementation.
- Assists in recruiting, take an active role in training and evaluating teachers and staff. Enforces discipline and attendance rules.
- Provides staff with instructional resources needed for effective teaching,
- Calls and conducts periodic meetings of all teachers for subject area topics or administrative matters
- Ensures meaningful, continuous assessment of student learning through multiple streams of assessments including international tests, teacher assessments and interim diagnostic assessments.
- Serves on the admissions committee and makes student enrolment decisions.
- Reviews written communications, in English, between the School and Parents.
- Seeks opportunities to communicate regularly with prospective parents/students. Meets with parents to discuss student’s problem.
- Represents the School at professional events.
- Prepares and submits required reports, as scheduled.
- Maintains an environment which ensures the health, safety, and general welfare of both students and staff
- Ensures maintenance of all student and instructional school records.
- Directs and coordinates school maintenance services and the use of school facilities Attends workshops, institutes, courses, and conferences relevant to continuing professional development.
- Bachelor and Master degrees in the field of Education, Engineering or any scientific field
- Fluency in written and spoken English
- IELTS Band Score of 7.0 for non native English speaking candidates
- Preference will be given to someone with STEM background like Math/Physics/Chemistry/Biology or Engineering
- Minimum of 5 years of successful teaching experience
- Minimum 3 years experience in educational administration/management such a Principal
- Proficiency with MS Office applications
- Experience with teacher support and/or career development planning
Monthly Salary Range:
NET TAX FREE Monthly Salary AED 24,000
In Abu Dhabi and Al Baynounah : AED 10,400 ( Single) and AED 13,000 ( Married)
Any other Campuses (Al Ain and other Emirates): AED 8,320 ( Single) and AED 10,400 ( Married)
Plus additional Admin Allowance of 15% of the basic salary per month
Health Insurance Coverage:
Provided for employee, spouse and up to 3 dependent children
Annual Air Tickets:
Air fare given as Cash Allowance based on home country location for employee, spouse and up to 3 dependent children
Relocation air tickets also provided at beginning and end of contract
In addition to official holidays, paid leave is allocated as per academic calendar and as per the country Labour law. Minimum 35 work days per year
Dependant School Fees:
School Tuition of 80,000 AED per family, maximum 40K per child)
This allowance to be used for tuition fees, exam fees, text books, uniform, school transport – (all must be official invoices from UAE school)
Visa & Medical Check Fees:
VISA fees and Medical check done in the country are paid for by the school for Employee only
End Of Service Benefit:
Receive 21 days basic salary for each full year of service. Plus economy air ticket to place of permanent residence according to Labour Law of the country
Open contract – renewable yearly
Notarized and Attested academic degrees, teaching certificates, transcripts, marriage and dependent birth certificates. You will be advised of school requirements