Develop lesson plans and themes in line with British curriculum objectives specific for teaching German at Middle to Secondary grade levels. Instruct through lectures, discussions, and demonstrations. Use computers, audiovisual aids, and other equipment and materials to supplement presentations. Adapt teaching methods and instructional materials to meet the varying needs and interests of students. Facilitate learning by establishing a relationship with students and organizing learning resources and the classroom environment.
Meeting with parents or guardians, teachers, counselors and administrators to resolve any possible behavioural or academic problems. Attend professional development workshops and educational conferences in order to maintain and improve professional competence. Establish and enforce rules for class management and student behaviour. Prepare, administer, and grade tests and assignments to evaluate student progress
** Female teachers cannot sponsor their spouse in Kuwait. British spouses can come in and out on Visit Visa, however.
• Bachelor degree with German being a Major or Minor from a recognized University
• TEACHING QUALIFICATION HIGHLY PREFERRED FROM ONE OF THE FOLLOWING COUNTRIES: UK, US, CA, AU, NZ (for Visa processing)
• Must have excellent German speaking and writing skills
• Must have excellent classroom management skills and able to deal effectively with student behaviour issues
• Minimum 2 years teaching experience in German Language at Middle to Secondary grade levels
• Culturally sensitive, dependable, flexible and able to work in a continuously changing environment
Competitive TAX FREE monthly salary from KD 700 to 1175 depending on experience and qualifications
A furnished 1-2 bedroom flat depending on family size or KD 125 monthly as cash allowance. Utilities paid for by school in provided accommodation
Government Health Insurance provided for employee ONLY
Annual Economy Class round trip air ticket for employee ONLY. Baggage allowance of (KD) 50 granted upon first time of arrival and permanent departure from Kuwait at the end of service
In addition to official holidays, paid leave is allocated as per school calendar/breaks. Minimum 30 work days per year
50% discount for Dependent’s School fees up to two children provided they are attending same school as employee
Fees will be paid for employees only. Employee is responsible for fees for dependents
For each full year of service, school will pay 1 month Basic Salary per year worked, according to Labour Law of the country
1-2 year contract - renewable
Notarized and Attested academic degrees, teaching certificates, transcripts, marriage and dependent birth certificates. You will be advised of school requirements.