Responsible for liaising and leading teachers in the Humanities Department and Curriculum Development for the program. Develop lesson plans and themes in line with curriculum objectives. Ability to teach Humanities at different levels of Secondary. Facilitate learning by establishing a relationship with students and organizing learning resources and the classroom environment.
Meeting with parents or guardians, teachers, counselors and administrators to resolve any possible behavioural or academic problem. Must also establish clear objectives for all lessons, and projects, distribute, collect and grade homework assignments, tests and projects and attend staff meetings.
• Bachelor Degree in Humanities or History, Geography from a recognized University
• Masters Degree in Education or Leadership an asset
• TEACHING LICENSE FROM ONE OF THE FOLLOWING COUNTRIES: UK, US, CA, AU, NZ, ZA and Scandinavian countries (UK preferred as they use the British Curriculum)
• Must be Native English speaker or near
• Minimum 3 years teaching experience in Humanities, History, Geography etc at Secondary grade level
• Minimum 1 year experience as a Head of Humanities or in a similar leadership position
• Culturally sensitive, dependable, flexible and able to work in a continuously changing environment
• Organizational and management practices as applied to the analysis and evaluation of secondary school programs, policies, and operational needs.
Competitive tax free salary QAR 13,000 - 16,000 depending on experience and qualifications
Furnished Housing or equivalent Cash allowances for housing, furniture and utilities as per family size (between QAR 5,500 - 8,500)
Utilities paid, up to $82 for Single and $135 for married approximately
Medical Insurance provided for employee and one dependent
Annual economy return air fare for employee and one dependent
In addition to National official holidays, paid leave is allocated as per school calendar/breaks.
Full tuition for one dependent attending same school as employee until end of secondary school as per school policy and procedures
Residence Visa & Medical Checkup fees will be covered for employee only
Employee is responsible for dependent fees
Gratuity of 21 days of basic salary as per country Labor law
1-2 Year contract - renewable
Doha - Qatar
Notarized and Attested academic degrees, teaching certificates, transcripts, marriage and dependent birth certificates. You will be advised of school requirements