A school in Abu Dhabi is looking to recruit a Vice Principal for the Elementary Division of an International School. We are looking for a dynamic school leader who can inspire teachers and students, adapt easily to the new setting and school culture, and lead the Primary Division into its next phase of growth.
The successful candidate should possess proven leadership and management skills in the field of education. They should have a passion for academic excellence and for international education. The new Vice Principal should be able to communicate effectively and collaborate with students, faculty, administrative and support staff, and parents.
- Support the Principal of the School and colleagues to ensure creativity, innovation and the use of appropriate new technologies to achieve excellence and nurture human wholeness.
- Demonstrate the principles and practice of effective teaching and learning in the Elementary School.
- Maintain a consistent and continuous Academy-wide focus on student achievement, which reflects the agreed vision and values of the school. Use data and benchmarks to monitor progress in student learning and support and facilitate colleagues in this.
- Work with the Principal of School and lead colleagues in implementing strategies, which secure high standards of behaviour and attendance and reflect the School agreed values in their response to the needs of vulnerable individuals.
- Participate in the monitoring, evaluation and review of classroom practice and promote improvement strategies.
- Work with the Head of Departments to challenge underperformance at all levels and to implement effective corrective action and follow-up.
- Manage conflict effectively, seeking positive outcomes and communicate with parents to attain this.
- Participate in planning, allocation, support and evaluation of work undertaken by teams and individuals, giving professional leadership and delegating tasks as appropriate.
- Attend professional development workshops and educational conferences in order to maintain and improve professional competence.
- Bachelor of Education Degree from a recognized University
- Master Degree in Education or Leadership
- A TEACHING LICENSE FROM ONE OF THE FOLLOWING
COUNTRIES: US, CA, UK, AU, NZ, ZA
- Must be Native English speaker or near
- Must have excellent classroom management skills and able to deal effectively with student behaviour issues and liaise with parents effectively
- Must show initiative and able to demonstrate how you have made a difference in effecting change in previous schools
- Minimum 5 years experience as an Elementary teacher
- Minimum 3 years experience as an Elementary Vice Principal or in a similar position
Monthly Salary Range:
Competitive TAX FREE Monthly Salary from 20,000 to 22,000 AED depending on qualifications, years of experience
Housing Allowance of AED 70,000 to 80,000 annually depending on family size
Health Insurance Coverage:
Provided for employee only
Annual Air Tickets:
Annual air fare for employee and spouse only. Candidate is responsible for dependents.
Relocation air ticket also provided at beginning and end of contract for employee and spouse only
In addition to official holidays, paid leave is allocated as per academic calendar and as per the country Labour law. Minimum 30 work days per year
Dependant School Fees:
100 % Tuition for first child and 50% for second child attending same school as employee
Visa & Medical Check Fees:
VISA fees and Medical check done in the country for Residency Visa are paid for by the school for Employee only
End Of Service Benefit:
Receive 21 days basic salary for each full year of service. Plus economy air ticket to place of permanent residence according to Labour Law of the country
1-2 year contract – renewable
UAE - Abu Dhabi
Notarized and Attested academic degrees, teaching certificates, transcripts, marriage and dependent birth certificates. You will be advised of school requirements