The school librarian works with both students and teachers to facilitate access to information in a wide variety of formats. Instruct students and teachers how to acquire, evaluate and use information and the technology needed in this process. Introduces children and young adults to literature and other resources to broaden their horizons. The school librarian develops, promotes and implements a program that will help prepare students to be effective users of ideas and information, a lifelong skill. Candidates must be experienced in working in a multi-media library.
• Must have a Bachelor Degree in Library Science from a recognized University
• Preferable to have a TEACHING QUALIFICATION FROM ONE OF THE FOLLOWING COUNTRIES: UK, US, CA, AU, NZ, ZA and Scandinavian countries (Due to Visa Restrictions)
• Must be Native English speaker or near
• Must have excellent classroom management skills and able to deal effectively with student behaviour issues
• Minimum 2 years teaching experience as a School Librarian
• Culturally sensitive, dependable, flexible and able to work in a continuously changing environment
Competitive TAX FREE Monthly salary ranging from 10,000-13,000 AED depending on qualifications and experience
Single teachers: shared apartment with private bedroom and bathroom or Single studio housing- as available
Married couples: single housing will be provided – 1 bedroom
International Health coverage for employee ONLY
Round trip air tickets to home country provided for employee ONLY
Annual summer vacations, winter and spring breaks, all government and religious holidays, sick leave, bereavement leave, and personal days are paid for in accordance with Labour Laws, school policy and procedures.
75% of tuition is covered for the first child. 50% covered for a second child.
Fees will be paid for employees ONLY. Employee is responsible for fees for dependents.
One month’s salary for end of service payment according to Labour Law of the country
1-2 year contract - renewable
UAE - Abu Dhabi
Notarized and Attested academic degrees, teaching certificates, transcripts, marriage and dependent birth certificates. You will be advised of school requirements