An International School in Qatar that follows the British Curriculum is looking for a MALE candidate who will be responsible for liaising with teachers in the Chemistry Department and curriculum development for the program. Needs to have the ability to teach Chemistry at different levels of Secondary. Develop lesson plans and themes in line with British curriculum objectives. Facilitate learning by establishing a relationship with students and organizing learning resources and the classroom environment.
Meeting with parents or guardians, teachers, counselors and administrators to resolve any possible behavioural or academic problem. Must also establish clear objectives for all lessons, and projects, distribute, collect and grade homework assignments, tests and projects and attend staff meetings
• Master Degree in Education or Leadership preferred
• Bachelor Degree in Chemistry from a recognized University (preferable from the UK)
• TEACHING LICENSE FROM ONE OF THE FOLLOWING COUNTRIES: UK, US, CA, AU, NZ, ZA and Scandinavian countries (Due to Visa restrictions)
• Must be Native English speaker or near
• Minimum 3 years Chemistry teaching experience at Secondary grade level (In the UK preferred)
• Minimum 2 years experience as a Head of Chemistry or in a similar leadership position
• Culturally sensitive, dependable, flexible and able to work in a continuously changing environment
• Organizational and management practices as applied to the analysis and evaluation of secondary school programs, policies, and operational needs.
Competitive tax free salary range of 13,000-16,000 (QAR) (2862-3522-GBP) in accordance with years of relevant experience and qualifications
Furnished 1-2 bedroom accommodation depending on family size
medical insurance provided for employee and 1 nominated dependent
Annual economy return air ticket to place of permanent residence or home country for employee and 1 nominated dependent
In addition to National official holidays, paid leave is allocated as per school calendar/breaks.
100% discount on tuition for 1 child
Residence Visa & Medical Checkup fees will be covered for employee only
Employee is responsible for dependent fees
Gratuity of 21 days of basic salary as per country Labor law
1-2 Years renewable
Doha - Qatar
Notarized and Attested academic degrees, teaching certificates, transcripts, marriage and dependent birth certificates. You will be advised of school requirements