Develop lesson plans and themes in line with curriculum objectives specific for teaching English subjects at Middle to Secondary grade levels. Instruct through lectures, discussions, and demonstrations. Use computers, audiovisual aids, and other equipment and materials to supplement presentations. Adapt teaching methods and instructional materials to meet the varying needs and interests of students. Facilitate learning by establishing a relationship with students and organizing learning resources and the classroom environment.
Meeting with parents or guardians, teachers, counselors and administrators to resolve any possible behavioural or academic problems. Attend professional development workshops and educational conferences in order to maintain and improve professional competence. Establish and enforce rules for class management and student behaviour. Prepare, administer, and grade tests and assignments to evaluate student progress
** Female teachers cannot sponsor their spouse in Kuwait. British spouses can come in and out on Visit Visa, however.
• MUST have a Bachelor Degree in English, Language or Linguistics or a BA in Secondary English Education from a recognized University
• TEACHING LICENSE FROM ONE OF THE FOLLOWING COUNTRIES: UK, US, CA, AU, NZ, and Scandinavian countries (Due to Visa restrictions)
• Must be Native English speaker or near
• Must have excellent classroom management skills and able to deal effectively with student behaviour issues
• Minimum 1 year teaching experience in English Subjects at a Secondary grade level
• Culturally sensitive, dependable, flexible and able to work in a continuously changing environment
TAX FREE salary ranging from 775-1017 Kuwaiti Dinar, based upon credentials and years of experience.
Single teachers and teachers with non-teaching spouses are given a one-bedroom furnished apartment in school housing.
Married teaching couples are given a two-bedroom furnished apartment in school housing.
Government Health Insurance provided for employee and up to 2 dependents depending on the school
Annual Economy Class round trip air ticket for employee. May also cover up to 2 dependents depending on the school. Baggage allowance of (KD) 50-200 granted upon first time of arrival and permanent departure from Kuwait at the end of service
In addition to official holidays, paid leave is allocated as per school calendar/breaks. Minimum 30 work days per year
50% discount for Dependent’s School fees up to three children provided they are attending same school as employee
Fees will be paid for employee ONLY once at destination. Employee is responsible for fees for dependents
For each full year of service, school will pay 1 month Basic Salary per year worked according to Labour Law of the country
1-2 year contract – renewable
Notarized and Attested academic degrees, teaching certificates, transcripts, marriage and dependent birth certificates. You will be advised of school requirements