Our client school uses the British Curriculum. Head of Primary is to support the Head of School and colleagues to ensure creativity, innovation and the use of appropriate new technologies to achieve excellence and nurture human wholeness. Take the lead role in assessment. Demonstrate the principles and practice of effective teaching and learning. Maintain a consistent and continuous Academy-wide focus on pupils’ achievement which reflects the agreed vision and values, using data and benchmarks to monitor progress in every child’s learning.
Work with the Head of School and lead colleagues in implementing strategies which secure high standards of behaviour and attendance and which reflect the School’s agreed values in their response to the needs of vulnerable individuals. Participate in the monitoring, evaluation and review of classroom practice and promote improvement strategies. Work with the Head of School to challenge underperformance at all levels and to implement effective corrective action and follow-up. Manage conflict effectively, seeking positive outcomes.
Participate in planning, allocation, support and evaluation of work undertaken by teams and individuals, giving professional leadership and delegating tasks and as appropriate. Attend professional development workshops and educational conferences in order to maintain and improve professional competence.
• Bachelor Degree from a recognized University in the UK, US, CA, AU, NZ (UK preferred) Due to British Curriculum being taught
• Master Degree in Education or Leadership preferred
• A TEACHING LICENSE FROM ONE OF THE FOLLOWING COUNTRIES: UK, US, CA, AU, NZ countries (UK preferred)
• Must have excellent English communications and could pass an IELTS at level at 6.5
• Must have excellent classroom management skills and able to deal effectively with student behaviour issues
• Minimum 3 years teaching experience at Primary level
• Minimum 2 years experience as Head of Primary or similar Leadership position
• Is culturally sensitive, dependable, flexible and able to work in a continuously changing environment
Competitive TAX FREE salary up to 1300 KD depending on experience and qualifications
Furnished accommodation of 1 or 2 bedroom flat or Housing Allowance is provided depending on family size and the school
OR a Housing Allowance of KD 125 ($415 USD) monthly and candidates find their own accommodation (rent is not expensive in Kuwait)
Utilities paid by school when in school accommodation
Health Insurance provided for employee only
Annual return Air ticket to home country provided for employee only
In addition to official holidays, paid leave is allocated as per school calendar/breaks. Minimum 30 work days per year
50% discount off tuition for one dependent attending same school as employee
Fees will be paid for employees only once at destination. Employee is responsible for fees for dependents
For each full year of service, school will pay 1 month Basic Salary per year worked according to Labour Law of the country
1 year contract - renewable
Notarized and Attested academic degrees, teaching certificates, transcripts, marriage and dependent birth certificates. You will be advised of school requirements