An International School in Qatar that follows the British Curriculum is looking for a candidate who will be responsible for liaising with teachers in the Business/ICT Department and for curriculum development for the program. Needs to have the ability to teach Business and ICT at different levels of Secondary. Develop lesson plans and themes in line with British curriculum objectives. Facilitate learning by establishing a relationship with students and organizing learning resources and the classroom environment.
Meeting with teachers, counselors and administrators to resolve any possible behavioural or academic problem. Must also establish clear objectives for all lessons, and projects and attend staff meetings
• Bachelor Degree in Business and/or ICT from a recognized University (From the UK preferred)
· Master Degree preferred
• TEACHING LICENSE FROM ONE OF THE FOLLOWING COUNTRIES: UK, US, CA, AU, NZ, ZA and Scandinavian countries (due to Visa restrictions)
• Must have excellent English Communication skills and could pass an IELTS with score of 7
• Must have excellent classroom management skills and able to deal effectively with student behaviour issues
• Minimum 3 years teaching experience in Business and/or ICT at a Secondary grade level (In the UK preferred)
· Minimum 2 years experience as Head of the Business/ICT Department or in a similar role
• Culturally sensitive, dependable, flexible and able to work in a continuously changing environment
TAX FREE Monthly salary range of 13,000-16,000 QAR depending on qualifications and experience
Furnished 1 to 2 bedroom apartment depending on marital status
Medical insurance for employee and one dependent (spouse or child)
Annual Return air fare provided for employee and one nominated dependent (can either be spouse or child).
In addition to official holidays, paid leave is allocated as per academic calendar and as per country Labour law. Minimum 30 work days per year.
100% discount for 1 child attending same school as employee
Fees will be paid for employees only. Employee is responsible for fees for dependents.
Gratuity of 21 days salary for each year worked as per Labour law.
1-2 year contract - renewable
Doha - Qatar
Notarized and Attested academic degrees, teaching certificates, transcripts, marriage and dependent birth certificates. You will be advised of school requirements.