GEOGRAPHY-HISTORY HUMANITIES TEACHER REQUIRED for a private bilingual international school from KG1 to Year 12, delivering the British National Curriculum.
Our cient school is looking for an enthusiastic teacher to join their supportive and forward thinking team. The candidate will be expected to contribute to the teaching of Humanities across the ability range at KS3 and Geography at IGCSE. The ability to offer another subject would be an advantage, but not essential.
The successful candidate will be a highly committed team player with the drive, energy and passion to develop our academy, which will open opportunities for internal promotion, as the academy grows. Applicants must lead by example and play a full part in the Academy’s pastoral care and extra-curricular activities programme.
Successful applicants will need to be understanding of the ethos and mission and vision & values of our academy, a school with a population of Qatari/Arab students. The successful candidate will be an effective communicator, confident in establishing open communication with students, staff and parents.
• Bachelor Degree in Humanities and/or Geography or History from a recognized University (From the UK preferred)
• TEACHING LICENSE FROM ONE OF THE FOLLOWING COUNTRIES: UK, US, CA, AU, NZ (Due to Visa restrictions)
• Must be Native English speaker or near
• Must have excellent classroom management skills and able to deal effectively with student behaviour issues
• Minimum 3 years of Humanities-Geogaphy or History teaching experience at the Secondary Grade Level
• Culturally sensitive, dependable, flexible and able to work in a continuously changing environment
· Priority will be given to teachers with British Curriculum teaching experience
Competitive TAX FREE monthly salary range from 9,450-13,000 QAR depending on experience
FREE Furnished Apartment Provided
National Health insurance provided for employee only
Annual Return airfare to point of origin for employee only
In addition to official holidays, paid leave is allocated as per academic calendar and as per country Labour law. Minimum 30 work days per year.
Discount on Children’s Tuition fees when attending same school as employee
Visa and Medical exam fees required by the State of Qatar for official purposes are paid by the School
Gratuity of 21 days of basic salary for each year worked as per Qatar Labor law
1-2 year contract – renewable
Doha - Qatar
Notarized and Attested academic degrees, teaching certificates, transcripts, marriage and dependent birth certificates. You will be advised of school requirements