Vice Principals of Academics for High Schools to assist the Principals in providing high quality leadership to the teaching teams. The Vice Principal of Academics is responsible of the delivery of the academic program and related academic matters on campus. To supervise Lead Teachers, provide guidance, ensure curriculum delivery as instructed by the Curriculum and Assessment Unit and oversee assessment process integrity. They represent the Principal in his/her absence in the Academic Council.
- Exercise leadership by taking personal responsibility for managing the teaching team
- Hold responsibility and accountability for activities, day to day operations and all academic affairs of theschool
- Facilitate the development and implementation of curriculum and project planning with the teaching team
- Foster a learning environment where every team member is encouraged to provide ideas and suggestions leading to continuous improvement of local teaching and learningpractices
- Encourage alignment of Teaching, Learning and Assessment practices with instructional and delivery method to meet performance improvementstandards
- Actively support the development of inter-disciplinary collaboration between teams ofteachers
- Supervise instructional programs,evaluate lesson plans and observe classes on a regular basis to encourage the use of a variety of instructional strategies and materials consistent with research on learning and child growth and development
- Ensure that the instructional programs engage the learners in tasks that require analytical and critical thinking, questioning the known, problem solving and creativity, and that the programs address learners’ needs, interests, and skill levels
- Supervise Lead Teachers and teaching staff for the purpose of monitoring performance, and achieving overall objectives of school curriculum
- Ensure that personnel evaluation procedures are accomplished in a fair and consistent manner that encourages accountability, growth, and excellence, in accordance with policies and requirements
- Observe teachers, hold follow up conferences and maintain records on suggestions for needed improvement
- Develop with individual teaching staff members a Professional Improvement Plan (PIP) when needed
- Recommend opportunities for effective staff development that address the needs of the instructional program and needs of the staff, including workshops, conferences, visitations, and sessions in which the staff shares successful practices andstrategies
- Provides leadership in teaching techniques, innovation and classorganization
- Liaise with the Curriculum and Assessment Unit to provide up to date information on curriculum development, program evaluation, allocation of instructional materials and resources, and ensuring the proper delivery of thecurriculum
- Review the grades for System Wide assessments and Final Examinations before submission to the Assessment Unit
- Coordinate and facilitate the development of the master schedule and oversee scheduling process, selection of courses, sections, and teacher schedules
- Assist in the process of interviewing, evaluating, and selecting new staff members
- Assist in the development and presentation of parent information and conference evening programs
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Math or Science is required
- Master degree required in above Subjecfts or Education
- Phd degree an asset
- Fluency in written and spoken English
- IELTS Band Score of 7 or higher for Non-Native language speakers
- Minimum of 5 years of successful teaching experience at High School or Vocational College
- Three years (3) of successful academic supervisory experience
- Clear understanding of curriculum delivery, teaching methods, and class observation
- Proficiency with MS Office applications
- Experience with Student Information System(SIS)
- Experience with teacher support and/or career developmentplanning
Monthly Salary Range:
Competitive TAX FREE salary 22,823 plus 15% of Basic Salary for Admin Allowance
New staff will stay in an apartment / hotel for the first 29 nights in the UAE. This gives time to arrange Residency Visa, Emirates ID and find suitable accommodation that meets their needs. (During this time as housing is provided, the housing allowance is not payable). It becomes payable after the 29thnight. Housing advance to new staff is not provided. However, arrangements have been made with banks to provide quick and flexible financial support to staff, as they may need it, along with reputable housing agents who can access landlords who would accept 3-4 payments over the year, instead of one lump sum.
Monthly Housing Allowance for Singles is 9,984 AED
Monthly Housing Allowance for Married is 12,480 AED
Relocation Allowance will be AED 25,000 (Half upon arrival in country and half after 6 months probation period)
Health Insurance Coverage:
Provided for employee, spouse and up to 3 dependent children
Annual Air Tickets:
Cash Allowance given based on home country location for employee, spouse and up to 3 dependent children. Relocation air tickets also provided at beginning and end of contract.
In addition to official holidays, paid leave is allocated as per academic calendar and as per the country Labor law. Minimum 30 work days per year.
Dependant School Fees:
School Tuition of 80,000 AED per family, maximum 40K per child). This allowance to be used for tuition fees, exam fees, text books, uniform, school transport – (all must be official invoices from the school)
Visa & Medical Check Fees:
VISA fees and Medical check done in the country are paid for by the school for Employee only.
End Of Service Benefit:
Receive 21 days Basic Salary for each full year of service. Plus economy air ticket to place of permanent residence according to Labor Law of the country.
Open Contract - renewable yearly
UAE - Various Locations
Notarized and Attested academic degrees, teaching certificates, transcripts, marriage and dependent birth certificates. You will be advised of school requirements.