An International Private School in Abu Dhabi using the American Curriculum is looking to recruit a Dean of Students for High School grade levels. We are looking for a dynamic school leader who can inspire teachers and students, adapt easily to the new setting and school culture, and lead the School into its next phase of growth.
The successful candidate should possess proven leadership and management skills in the field of education. They should have a passion for academic excellence and for international education. The new Dean of Students should be able to communicate effectively and collaborate with students, faculty, administrative and support staff, and parents. Under the guidance of the MS/HS Vice Principal primary key areas are:
- Oversee the school educational instruction; make recommendations when needed.
- Work with members of the team on matters and issues such as, teaching & learning, special services, classroom set-up, displays and etc.
- Budget school time to provide for the efficient conduct of instruction.
- Maintain high standards of student conduct, and enforce discipline as necessary, affording appropriate due process to students and parents.
- Establish positive guides for proper student conduct and the maintaining of fair, consistent behavior policies and implementation.
- Supervise the maintenance of accurate records on student progress
- Conduct staff training and meetings as necessary for the proper functioning of the school.
- Assume responsibility for the school in the absence of the MS/HS Vice Principal.
- Assume responsibility for the safety and administration of school policy.
- Keep the MS/HS Vice Principal informed of the school’s programs, activities and concerns
- Respond to written, oral, and electronic requests for information from appropriate sources.
- Assume an active role or serve as a member of school committees as necessary.
- Assist in organizing all activities and programs.
- Work with members of the staff to design meaningful ways to monitor the implementation of improvement programs and strategies.
- Keep abreast of educational changes and developments by attending meetings, reading professional journals and other publications, and discussing problems of mutual interest with others in the field.
- Orient newly assigned teachers and staff members and assist in their development, as appropriate.
- Participate in the in-service orientation and training of staff.
- Bachelor Degree from a recognized University preferably in the US due to American Curriculum being used
- Master Degree in Education or Leadership Administration preferably from the US
- A TEACHING LICENSE for Middle-High School grades from a US university preferably
- Must have excellent English Communication Skills and could pass an IELTS at level 7.5
- Must have excellent classroom management skills and able to deal effectively with student behaviour issues and liaise with parents effectively
- Must show initiative and able to demonstrate how you have made a difference in effecting change in previous schools
- Minimum 6 years experience as a High School teacher
- Minimum 4 years Supervisory experience at High School level
- Excellent skills in communicating and collaborating with staff and parents
- Excellent skills in supervising and evaluating staff
- Use data and benchmarks to monitor progress in student learning and support and facilitate colleagues in this.
- Bring an imaginative approach to solving problems and be a good communicator, while working cooperatively with those of differing views
Monthly Salary Range:
Competitive TAX FREE Monthly Salary from 19K to 22K AED based on qualifications and years of experience
Housing Allowance of AED 60K yearly provided, given in two installments yearly
Health Insurance Coverage:
Provided for employee only. Employee must pay for dependents
Annual Air Tickets:
Cash Value of Annual Air Fare back to home country for employee only
Relocation air ticket also provided at beginning and end of contract for employee only
In addition to official holidays, paid leave is allocated as per academic calendar and as per the country Labour law. Minimum 30 work days per year
Dependant School Fees:
100% Tuition for first child and 50% for second child attending same school as employee
Visa & Medical Check Fees:
VISA fees and Medical check done in the country for Residency Visa are paid for by the school for Employee only
End Of Service Benefit:
Receive 21 days basic salary for each full year of service. Plus economy air ticket to place of permanent residence according to Labour Law of the country
2 - 3 year contract – renewable
UAE - Abu Dhabi
Notarized and Attested academic degrees, teaching certificates, transcripts, marriage and dependent birth certificates. You will be advised of school requirements