School Counsellor required for a Middle-Secondary school in Doha Qatar to help all students in the areas of academic achievement and personal/social development. If students are not meeting course requirements or are having disciplinary problems, school counselors may need to intervene to remedy the situation.
Meeting with parents or guardians, teachers, and administrators to resolve any possible behavioural or academic problems. Attend professional development workshops and educational conferences in order to maintain and improve professional competence. Need experience helping students in preparing college applications.
• BA or BSc in Education with specialism in Guidance or Career Counselling or similar from a recognized University in the UK, US, CA, AU, NZ (due to Visa restrictions)
• Biligual ARABIC/ENGLISH speaker preferred
• Must have excellent management skills and able to deal effectively with student behaviour issues
• Minimum 2 years experience in school counseling at the Middle-Secondary Grade levels
• Culturally sensitive, dependable, flexible and able to work in a continuously changing environment
Competitive TAX FREE Monthly Salary up to 13,000 QAR depending on qualifications and years of experience
Free furnished apartment depending on family size
Housing & furniture allowance between 5,500 QAR to 8,500 QAR depending on family size.
Additionally, there is a utilities allowance of up to 300 QAR for singles and up to 500 QAR for married staff
Medical insurance for employee and one dependent
Annual air fare is provided for employee and one nominated dependent
Extra Baggage allowance up to 1000 QAR with receipt
In addition to official holidays, paid leave is allocated as per academic calendar and as per country Labour law. Minimum 30 work days per year.
100% discount on 1 child tuition fees when attending same school as employee
Fees will be paid for employee only
Gratuity of 21 days of basic salary as per Qatar Labor law.
1-2 year contract - renewable
Doha - Qatar
Notarized and Attested academic degrees, teaching certificates, transcripts, marriage and dependent birth certificates. You will be advised of school requirements.