To support, advise and prepare High School students for University admission and career choices. To ensure that Junior’s and Senior’s Career choices and academic objectives are both met and followed through.
• To advise students on different career paths and University choices
• To work closely with students and their parents concerning University choices. To prepare recommendations
• To organize and host a yearly career fair
• To host a number of institutions who talk to students about admissions requirements procedures
• To support and aid students with application forms and college essays
• Providing students with information about the SAT, TOEFL, IELTS and CEPA examinations and testing dates
• Advising students on which major best suits their abilities and/or interests
• Meeting with parents to answer any questions or to support them regarding their children’s application process to university
• Meeting with students during their breaks, during private sessions and upon request to assist them in their application forms or essays for university admission
• Hosting yearly university and career fairs where local and regional universities attend and interview potential students for admission to their respective institutions
• Visiting classes and holding motivational or advisory sessions for students regarding their admission and application process to universities
• Hosting the IELTS exams on school premises for students to take the test in their own familiar school environment
• Encouraging students to sit for the SAT exams and assisting them in the sign up process
• Producing and analyzing yearly reports with facts and statistics on how well students have scored in standardized tests and where their gaps lie, with an action plan to help increase the results and outcomes of students
• Guiding students and editing their personal statements and essays for university applications and admissions
• Inviting different career and guidance companies to come to school and give lectures about university applications and admissions as well as marketing different universities around the world
. • Inviting guest speakers to talk to students on potential careers and the work market
• Accompanying students to chosen universities for orientation
• Working with SEN students on their exit plan and transition from school to college or vocational schools
• Provide orientation activities for students new to the school
• Participate in orientation programs for incoming ninth graders
• Guide students in updating their high school four year plans
• Assist juniors and seniors in evaluating their current status in conjunction with graduation
• Assist students with scholarship and financial aid information and application
• Guide and assist students who need to do certain hours of internships and community service in and out of school premises.
• Bachelor Degree from a recognized University
• A TEACHING LICENSE FROM ONE OF THE FOLLOWING COUNTRIES: UK, US, CA, AU, NZ, ZA, Scandinavian countries (Due to Visa restrictions) preferable
• Must be Excellent English speaker or IELTS score of 7.5 or TEFL score of 96-120
• Must have excellent management skills and able to deal effectively with student behaviour issues
• Minimum 2 years Career Counselling experience for Secondary Grades
• Is culturally sensitive, dependable, flexible and able to work in a continuously changing environment
TAX FREE Monthly Salary AED 11,000 - 14,000 depending on qualifications and experience
Furnished Studio Apartment OR 50,000 AED Housing Allowance yearly. Released in 2 payment cheques.
After the second year a one bedroom furnished school apartment
100% Medical Insurance Coverage for employee ONLY
Return Annual air tickets for employee ONLY
In addition to official holidays, paid leave is allocated as per academic calendar and as per country Labour law. Minimum 30 work days per year.
100% discount on tuition fees for first child and 50% for second child attending same school as employee
Fees will be paid for employee ONLY. Employee is responsible for fees for dependents.
Gratuity of 21 days of basic salary as per Country Labour law.
1-2 year contract – renewable
UAE - Abu Dhabi
Notarized and Attested academic degrees, teaching certificates, transcripts, marriage and dependent birth certificates. You will be advised of school requirements