Our client is looking for 2 SENCO Coordinators, one for Elementary and one for Middle-High School grades
The Coordinator must develop lesson plans in line with curriculum objectives specific for teaching SEN (Special Education Needs) at a school teaching the American Curriculum. Must coordinate and liaise with other teachers in the department and with Heads of Depts. Instruct through lectures, discussions, and demonstrations. Use computers, audiovisual aids, and other equipment and materials to supplement presentations. Adapt teaching methods and instructional materials to meet the varying needs and interests of students. Facilitate learning by establishing a relationship with students and organizing learning resources and the classroom environment.
Meeting with parents or guardians, teachers, counselors and administrators to resolve any possible behavioural or academic problems. Attend professional development workshops and educational conferences to maintain and improve professional competence. Establish and enforce rules for class management and student behaviour. Prepare, administer, and grade tests and assignments to evaluate student progress.
• Bachelor Degree in Education (Special Education Needs Certification) from a recognized University in the US, CA, UK, AU, NZ, ZA (preferably in US as American curriculum is taught)
• TEACHING QUALIFICATION FROM ONE OF THE FOLLOWING COUNTRIES: US, CA,UK, AU, NZ, ZA (due to Visa restrictions)
• Must have excellent English communications skills and could pass an IELTS at level 7 or a TOEFL at level 102
• Must have excellent classroom management skills and able to deal effectively with student behaviour issues
• Minimum 3 years teaching experience in SEN (Special Eduaction Needs) at an Elementary-Middle-Secondary grade level
• Culturally sensitive, dependable, flexible and able to work in a continuously changing environment
Competitive TAX FREE Monthly salary ranging from 12,000-14,000 AED, depending on qualifications and experience
Furnished Studio Apartment OR 50,000 AED Housing Allowance yearly. Released in 2 payment cheques.
After the second year a one bedroom furnished school apartment when available
Medical coverage for employee ONLY
Annual air fare for employee ONLY
In addition to official holidays, paid leave is allocated as per academic calendar and as per the country Labour law. Minimum 30 work days per year
100% of tuition is covered for the first child. 50% covered for a second child. Up to two children attending same school as employee
VISA fees and Medical check done in the country for Residency Visa are paid for by the school for Employee only
Receive 21 days basic salary for each full year of service. Plus economy air ticket to place of permanent residence according to Labour Law of the country
3 year contract - renewable
UAE - Abu Dhabi
Notarized and Attested academic degrees, teaching certificates, transcripts, marriage and dependent birth certificates. You will be advised of school requirements