Develop lesson plans and themes in line with curriculum objectives specific for teaching English at Middle-Secondary School Level. Expertise as a Reading Specialist for these grade levels are a must. Please highlight this in your CV.
Instruct through lectures, discussions, and demonstrations. Use computers, audiovisual aids, and other equipment and materials to supplement presentations. Adapt teaching methods and instructional materials to meet the varying needs and interests of students. Facilitate learning by establishing a relationship with students and organizing learning resources and the classroom environment.
Meeting with parents or guardians, teachers, counselors and administrators to resolve any possible behavioural or academic problems. Attend professional development workshops and educational conferences in order to maintain and improve professional competence. Establish and enforce rules for class management and student behaviour. Prepare, administer, and grade tests and assignments to evaluate student progress.
• Bachelor Degree in English, Linguistics, Literature from a recognized University in the UK, CA, US, AU, NZ, ZA or Scandinavian countries
• A TEACHING LICENSE FROM ONE OF THE FOLLOWING COUNTRIES: UK, US, CA, AU, NZ, ZA, Scandinavian countries
• Must be Native English speaker or near. Some schools require an IELTS result of band 7 for non-native speakers
• Must have excellent classroom management skills and able to deal effectively with student behaviour issues
• Minimum 2 years teaching experience at appropriate grade level
• Is culturally sensitive, dependable, flexible and able to work in a continuously changing environment
TAX FREE monthly salary from $2800 to $3800 USD depending on qualifications, experience and which school
Furnished Studio Apartment OR 50,000 AED Housing Allowance yearly. Released in 2 payment cheques. After the second year a one bedroom furnished school apartment
Medical coverage provided for employee only
Annual Air Fare provided for employee only
In addition to official holidays, paid leave is allocated as per school calendar/breaks. Minimum 30 work days per year
100% for first child and 50% for second child attending same school as employee
Residence Visa Fees Paid for by the school for employee only
Employee responsible for Visa fees for dependents
One month Basic Salary for each year worked according to country labour law
1-2 year contract - renewable
UAE, Abu Dhabi
Notarized and Attested academic degrees, teaching certificates, transcripts, marriage and dependent birth certificates. You will be advised of school requirements
As soon as possible