Vice Principal for Girls Middle-High School for at an established, private school in Kuwait where an American curriculum is taught and local values respected. The Vice Principal has the primary job responsibilities of supervising Staff and Student monitoring and discipline. The Vice Principal, under the direction of the Principal, implements and enforces school board policies, administrative rules and regulations. In the absence of the Principal, the VP shall assume the duties and responsibilities of the Principal. The VP will work cooperatively with the school and building administrative team, support school-wide goals and initiatives, and be held directly accountable to the Principal.
1. Adheres to and enforces board policy, school guidelines, administrative directives, the Master Contract, and company standards.
2. Enforces guidelines to maintain proper discipline and conduct.
3. Assists in the development and administration of policies dealing with discipline, conduct, and attendance.
4. Communicates relevant policies and procedures with regard to student discipline, conduct, and attendance to students, staff, and parents.
5. Assists the Building Principal with student expulsions.
6. Works with and assists faculty in the development of effective classroom discipline and organization.
7. Maintains an effective and safe school environment.
8. Assists Building Principal with fire and safety drills on a regular basis and is able to implement emergency evacuations and lock-downs effectively.
9. Assists in curriculum development to meet the needs of all students.
10. Prepares required reports and paperwork such as discipline reports, student discrimination complaints, injury reports, parent communications, and other paperwork as assigned.
11. Works with the Building Principal in the preparation of appropriate handbooks.
12. Assists in the selection and mentoring of staff.
13. Supervises and evaluates certified and paraprofessional as assigned.
14. Supervises support services as assigned.
15. Assists in the development of an instructional needs.
16. Works as a team member to meet the system-wide needs of Al Forsan International Schools.
17. Assists in supervision of special events.
18. Assists in the care and management of the building and grounds, furniture, equipment, apparatus, books, and supplies.
19. Notifies the Building Principal when maintenance is needed.
20. Performs other duties as assigned by the Building Principal or District Administrator.
• Master degree from an accredited college or university in Education Leadership or a related area from the US preferred
• Must have excellent English communications skills and could pass an IELTS exam to level 7
• Proven track record of student academic success or significant academic gains
• Minimum 3 years experience as Vice Principal, preferable in an American school
• Culturally sensitive, dependable, flexible and able to work in a continuously changing environment
TAX FREE monthly salary ranging from 1700 Kuwaiti Dinar ($5,600 USD) based upon qualifications and years of experience
Single teachers or with non-teaching spouses are given a one-bedroom furnished apartment in school housing
Married couples with children are given a two-bedroom furnished apartment in school housing
Or Housing Allowance of 250 Kuwaiti Dinar
All utilities included
300 Kuwaiti Dinar settling in allowance
International Health coverage for teacher and up to two dependents
Cash value of Yearly Return airfare to home country for teacher and up to two dependents
Annual summer vacation, Winter and Spring breaks, all government and religious holidays, sick leave, bereavement leave, and personal days are paid for in accordance with Labour Laws, school policy and procedures.
Sick Leave: Must produce doctor’s notes; 6 days full pay, 6 days ¾ pay, 6 days ½ pay, 6 days ¼ pay, any additional days unpaid
Tuition discount of 50% for up to three children attending same school as employee
Some initial paperwork and medical reports are necessary for teachers to acquire on their own before traveling to Kuwait, however school does provide for reimbursement. Once landed in Kuwait, school takes over arranging and payment for remaining requirements for Visa
For each full year of service, school will pay 1 month Basic Salary per year worked according to Labour Law of the country
1 year contract - renewable yearly
Notarized and Attested academic degrees, teaching certificates, transcripts, marriage and dependent birth certificates. You will be advised of school requirements